Knights of Columbus Council 14111 “CASH CLUB” Rules
- Prince of Peace Council 14111, Knights of Columbus, (“Council”) sponsors the “Cash Club” drawing. The purpose of the drawing is to raise funds for the council. At least 50% of the proceeds of this club will be earmarked for charity programs.
- Any person 18 years of age or older, residing where the Club membership is not prohibited, may purchase a membership ticket (“Ticket”) for the Club year to be entered in the drawing (such person shall be herein known as the “Ticket Holder”).
- By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions, and restrictions set forth herein (the “Cash Club Rules”), as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The Council’s decisions in all matters concerning the Club and its interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final. Please contact the Council if you have questions regarding the Rules of the Club. The Club is void where prohibited by law.
- 4.Modification or Cancellation of Club or Rules. The Council reserves the right to cancel or modify the Cash Club and to change or modify the Rules of the Club and its drawing at its sole discretion. In the event the Club is cancelled, members will be refunded their membership and no drawing will be held.
- 5. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder releases the Council, its directors, officers, members, and members of the Cash Club Committee, from any and all liability with respect to the Club, including, but not limited to, the selection process and the interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and each Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify and hold the Council harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each Ticket Holder agrees that his name may be disclosed in lists of prize winners to be published in the Council newsletter, church bulletin, and other media.
- 6. The cost to purchase a Ticket for the Cash Club is $20.00. A maximum of 250 Tickets will be sold. Each Ticket has one number. Any eligible person may purchase more than one Ticket. Tickets will be sold during the year until sold out.Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Tickets sold by the time of each drawing.All ticket stubs will be secured between drawings. Any unsold tickets become the property of council. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. A Ticket is not valid and shall not be entered in the drawing until full payment for such Ticket is received by the Council
- “Special Numbers” or “Held” Tickets.The Council will make all reasonable accommodation to honor an individual’s request for a “special number” Ticket but cannot guarantee that a particular number can be delivered to an individual. Special number Tickets and tickets which are being “held” will be held for a reasonable amount of time but cannot be handed out, and will not be eligible for any drawing, until fully paid for.
- Multiple-Party Tickets. In the event that more than one name is listed on a Ticket stub, the first name listed shall be deemed to be the Ticket Holder. Delivery or payment of the prize shall be made to the Ticket Holder. It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to allocate any such prize among the participants in a multiple-party Ticket and the Council, its directors, officers, members, and the members of the Cash Club Committee, shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
- Raffle Drawing. TThe Raffle Drawing shall take place in the church vestibule on the 1st weekend of each month after one of the Masses beginning in July. The drawing shall be rotated between the 4:00 PM Saturday, 8:00 AM Sunday, and 10:30 AM Sunday Masses. Tickets may be purchased at any time during the current Cash Club year, if they are available, and will be entered into the next current month’s drawing and subsequent drawings for the year. The winning number will be a Ticket stub randomly chosen by means of a raffle drum by a Cash Club Committee member and the winner of the prize will be the Ticket Holder who has submitted that stub from a valid Ticket. If the drawing is held, all prizes will be given away. The Winner will be listed in the church bulletin and Council newsletter each month.
- The Council shall reserve the right to add extra drawings at its discretion with amounts of payouts announced at the time of the drawing.
- Claiming a Prize. Winning Ticket Holders will be notified by email at the address provided or by phone at the number provided on the Ticket Stub if no email address is given. Prizes will be held until the end of the membership year or 60 days after the drawing, whichever is longer.A list of winners will be available in the church bulletin, the Council newsletter, and the K of C page on the parish website. Ticket Holders may request a list of winners, by email. All Club members will be emailed monthly with drawing results.
- Entry to Cash Club Drawing Area. Each Ticket entitles the Ticket Holder and the Ticket Holder’s guests to be present for the drawing. Only Ticket Holders, their guests, and individuals designated by the Cash Club Committee, 18 years of age or older, will be admitted into the Drawing area.
- Members will be given the opportunity to renew their membership for the following Club year 60 days prior to the first drawing. Thirty days prior to the first drawing, memberships not renewed will be available.