St. Vincent de Paul Society
Prince of Peace Conference
Established in 1865 in the Diocese of Cleveland
Welcome to the information page of the SVDP at Prince of Peace Church, Barberton, Ohio.
What is the SVDP? The SVDP is a worldwide charitable network founded by a 20 year old college student, Frederic Ozanam, in 1833 in Paris, France. This first group of young students wanted to live out their gospel faith in imitation of Jesus, by personally serving those in need in the spirit of the great patron of charity, St. Vincent de Paul, who is our model. If you are interested in learning more about our SVDP diocesan wide ministry, go to our diocesan web page at www.svdpcle.org or our National web page at www.svdpusa.org or our International web page at http://en.ssvpglobal.org for other Vincentian Family links.
Mission Statement: A network of friends, inspired by Gospel values, growing in holiness and building a more just world through personal relationships with and service to people in need.
The SVDP at Prince of Peace supports many programs: SVDP Emergency Help (members make home visits to the needy and suffering to help with utilities, rent, etc.), Blanket Sunday Collection, Veterans Mass, Christmas Giving Tree, February Undy Sunday Collection, Baby Shower in July Collection, and much more.
To Contact Prince of Peace SVDP: call our voice mailbox at 330-849-0946 and leave a message; we will return your call as soon as we are able. All members are volunteers who give their time to live out the gospel message.
SVDP Prince of Peace annual report for 2021
How you can support SVDP:
- Please remember Prince of Peace Conference, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, in your will.
- If you would like more information about SVDP member’s support of Community Kitchen(formerly Springtime of Hope) which distributes bag lunches and soup to the homeless of Barberton at Lakeview Methodist Church on Wednesday evenings contact the above phone number. Also SVDP members support Common Threads Clothing Distribution Center in the basement of Lakeview Methodist Church at the corner of 3rd and Lake Ave. by Lake Anna. Their hours are Thursday 4-7pm and Saturday from 10am -1pm.
- For Other Emergency Help: call Info Line at 330-376-6660 (also 211) or Barberton Area Community Ministries at 330-745-3693 or Embrace Pregnancy Center at 330-825-1900.
- To Donate Clothing: Common Threads Clothing Distribution Center in the basement of Lakeview Methodist Church at the corner of 3rd and Lake Ave. by Lake Anna. Their hours are Thursday 4-7pm and Saturday from 10am -1pm.
- SVDP Car Donation Program: The Diocesan St. Vincent de Paul Society has a car donation program to generate money for their charitable programs. People who donate their cars to the SVDP may be eligible for a tax deduction. A portion of the proceeds generated return to the Summit County SVDP to fund programs in our area. Call the SVDP at 1-800-696-6525, ext. 3150 or go to their web site at: http://www.svdpcle.org/donate-today/car-donations/
- St. Vincent de Paul Society Envelopes: Have you noticed the green monthly envelope in your packet for the St. Vincent de Paul Society? For your information, any donation you make through these envelopes will be used here in our parish area by our own Prince of Peace SVDP to help local people in need. Please be as generous as you can. Our SVDP at Prince of Peace and the SVDP at St. Augustine receives many calls for help with utilities, rent, etc.
The SVDP also supports an SVDP Conference in Colemu, Chile